One of our clients from a well-known investment establishment industry is seeking for a professional General Accountant with good computer knowledge. The incumbent will be responsible for all the general accounts activities of the company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Record, classify and summarize accounting transactions to compile various documents and verify their accuracy.
• Assemble documents for computer input of itemized charges, account numbers, total costs and to authorize payments in accordance with established procedures.
• Post journal entries accurately to tally balance sheets.
• Maintain records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding and updating.
• Respond to inquiries to locate and resolve discrepancies.
• Compute figures to determine balance, differences, adjustments, reviewing and totals to reconcile all transactions at the end of each day.
• Effectively and efficiently manage the company’s petty cash operations through proper inspection and payments of bills, receipts and cash count.
• Check & Book expenses and prepare monthly account reconciliations and examine supplier invoices for accuracy and issue cheque in time for accurate allocation of payments against invoices.
• Conduct month end closing activities so that all current costs must be reflected as expenses of the current month.
• Follow up with customer for the pending payments, the reconciliation of customer account, and generating customer invoices.