NADIA’s client, one of the top tier law firms is looking to hire a General Counsel with a vast experience in a large retail group to be based in Dubai.
· Responsible as a head of department for all legal matters including advising executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
· Managing organization's legal matters.
· Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
· Maintaining knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents.
· Conducting legal research and reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
· Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
· Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
· Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team
· Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
· Keep abreast of legislative changes
· Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
· Minimum 10 years of practice with an established law firm.
· Proficient legal experience in Franchise Retail, Real Estate, Contracts & General
· Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor law, etc) Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
· Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
· Proficient understanding of of business sensitivities and confidentiality
· High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent judgement and analytical skills
Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan St
Opp. ADCB, Al Mansoor Tower
M1 & M2
One Lake Plaza,
Cluster T, Floor 36Jumeirah Lakes Towers